With one more day / night of reading to go in January my total is 12. I might try to fit in a quick read tonight or start one of the books on this list, but I also might give my poor eyes a break and watch a Hallmark movie. .
Until I gathered all of these books together, I didn’t quite realize HOW MANY books I planned to read in February, THE SHORTEST MONTH. As a book friend said “My reading eyes are bigger than my stomach.” Did I bite off more than I can chew? Probably. I am just stubborn enough to find a way to read all this books? Absolutely. Will I do anything other than read in my free time this month? Probably Not. It’s ok. Reading is my favorite way to spend my time, the football season is all but over, I can totally read while a Hallmark movie is on in the background and I prefer to cuddle up on my couch with my cats, a book and a blanket to going out in the cold and snow (or the heat and rain. Or any weather really. I’m an indoors girl).
I am a little nervous about this – since leaving college I have never planned my immediate TBR books like this. I usually have a book in mind that I want to / should read next. This is a full month of reading, planned in advance. My biggest worry is that I tend to read by mood (which is why I have so many unread books) and a new book always leaps over books I already own (which is why I have banned myself from buying books this month).
Ok. February. Let’s Do This:
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker (buddy read / must read)
- Goldenstate by Ben H. Winters (probably if I have time / might pick a different BOTM book)
- ACOTAR by Sarah J. Maas.
- A Court of Mist and Fury
- A Court of Wings and Ruin
- A Court of Frost and Starlight
- These are all must reads because I am determined to finish one YA series a month until I have read ALL the YA Series that I own. I read book one of this series in January, so ACOTAR it is for the first month of this challenge.
- CLAIRE LEGRAND
- Some Kind of Happiness
- Sawkill Girls
- Also must reads. I really like the Author Week feature on my instagram. These books are the ones I am most excited to read!
- Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
- the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- This is my fun hockeyfriend# (we like a backwards hashtag 🙂 ) book club. We each pick a book and then we have a book chat at the end of the month.
- She is doing a series reread of Harry Potter. I joined late so I will be starting at book 3. I am going to reread books 1-2 but given my ambitious TBR I most likely will read 3-7 then 1-2.
- Valentine’s Day Challenge: Continuing my celebrate a holiday by reading a book challenge (started on NYE / NYD) on Valentine’s Day I will be reading Love By the Book by Melissa Pimental
- With 11-12 books scheduled TBR in February I probably don’t have time for anything else BUT I like to read by mood so there may be one or two spur of the moment reads added in or substituted.